Friday, January 18, 2013

Dinner stop: Denny's

Marathon drive from Charlotte to Orlando today. Stopped for dinner at a Denny's off the highway near Jacksonville. It's been well over a decade since I ate at a Denny's, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect.

I ended up with an order of Dippable Veggies:


Six baby carrots, three celery sticks, and - no kidding - at least half a cup of ranch dressing. I did dip the veggies a bit, but didn't make a dent in the dressing bowl. I'm estimating the dressing intake at 1/2 tablespoon.

And a cup of chili:


Not so bad, vaguely reminiscent of Wendy's chili. The picture on the menu showed that it was served with sour cream and cheese, but I didn't complain when it came out without.

Veggies plus dressing: 75 calories
Chili: 280 calories

Epcot in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment