Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Out to Lunch: Seasons 52

Saturday's lunch was at the Palm Beach Gardens location of Seasons 52, a small restaurant chain which proclaims on its menu that no menu item is more than 475 calories. They put the nutrition information on their website, which makes it great for a calorie-counter like me. Each time I've been there, the food has been delicious. It doesn't taste like diet food, that's for sure.

Artichoke and goat cheese flatbread (370 calories):


This had a very thin crust, almost like a cracker, and in addition to the artichokes and cheese had roasted peppers, onions, and olives. I shared this with my husband as an appetizer.

Braised beef tacos (420 calories):


Braised beef in red mole sauce with pickled onions, cilantro, guacamole, and slaw on corn tortillas. If I had one criticism it would be that the tortillas were thick and stodgy, a little too heavy for the filling. I ate one whole taco and just the fillings out of the others. It had a great mix of flavors, sweet, savory, sour and herbal.

I'll definitely be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment