Monday, November 5, 2012

Home Fries with Poached Egg

Good morning and welcome to my food blog! Good for Me is my place for discussing healthy eating, cooking, shopping and dining out in and around Charlotte, NC. I plan to share recipes, photos, and restaurant reviews, along with anything else that relates to my food life. Thanks for joining me!


Today's breakfast was home fries with a poached egg.

Home fries:
4 oz. cubed cooked potatoes (these were left over from last night's dinner)
1/8 cup each diced onion and bell pepper
1/4 oz. (1/2 tbsp.) butter
Salt and pepper
175 calories (You could shave off 50 of those by using cooking spray instead of butter, but to me the flavor is worth it.)

Poached egg:
(for an excellent tutorial on how to poach eggs, see here)
70 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment